Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Anniversary Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Salad

When my husband and I were dating, he would always try to do sweet things for me. Ok, he still does that, but he happens to do it a little more skillfully these days. Once upon a time, I had to stay late at school studying, and since he lived just off campus, I asked if I could take a quick study break to see him and eat some dinner. He offered to make some food, and I asked for something quick and easy, like pb&j. When I arrived at his apartment, I was surprised to find he had tried a new chicken recipe from AllRecipes in hopes of spoiling me with an exciting dinner.

He had logically chosen a recipe with extremely high ratings. But since his bachelor apartment wasn't fully stocked with all of the ingredients called for in the recipe, he had made a few substitutions of his own. In the end, you probably guessed that the chicken was a bit of a disaster. We laughed at how his time would have been better spent making sandwiches.

Well, a few days ago I got an email from AllRecipes with that very same recipe as the Recipe of the Day. My husband and I vowed that we would have to try it (with all the right ingredients this time!) to see what all the five-star fuss was about.

So, without further ado, here's the recipe for Anniversary Chicken, from AllRecipes.

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki basting sauce
  • 1/4 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1-1/2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
  3. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.
  4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Mmmmm! This sounds delicious! Anything with Ranch and Teriyaki sauce is bound to be good though. I'd love to see some new posts.