Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chicken Stuffing Casserole, Sauteed Zucchini and Squash


A few weeks ago, I served Stove Top stuffing along with roast chicken. I could not believe how much my little man was eating the stuffing! He keeps talking about "tuffing," so I figure I should try one of the recipes from the back of the box to see if he likes it.

*Ooh, I'll be honest, we did not love this dish. I think we'll keep to eating our stuffing sparingly and on the side.


Chicken Stuffing Casserole
from Kraft

1 (6 oz) pkg Stove Top stuffing mix for Chicken
1 1/2 lb chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 c sour cream
1 (16 oz) bag frozen mixed veggies, thawed, drained

Preheat oven to 400. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package, set aside. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in a 9x13 pan; top with stuffing. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.


Sauteed Zucchini and Squash
1 zucchini, cut in thin circles
1 yellow squash, cut in thin circles
1 T butter
salt
pepper
Italian seasoning
celery seed
optional: 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese

In a frying pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add zucchini and squash and sautee until tender. Add seasonings to taste. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired, and remove from heat.

No comments: