Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rachelle's Pantry

Here are some of the basic ingredients I keep on hand to use in my meal plans.

Spices

fresh cracked pepper grinder
salt
minced onion
garlic powder
basil
Italian seasoning
cumin
chili powder
dill
Poultry seasoning

Dry Goods

pasta (thin spaghetti, elbow macaroni, lasagna, fettuccine)
rice (brown and white)
Ramen noodles (chicken flavor)
a few instant side dishes for lazy nights (Rice-a-Roni, pasta packets, etc)

Freezer

chicken breasts
ground beef
pork chops
beef pot roast or steak
salmon fillets
tilapia fillets
frozen corn
frozen peas
frozen spinach
edamame
butter
pie crust
almonds
pecans

Cans
black beans
white beans
refried beans
green beans
crushed tomatoes
petite diced tomatoes with green chiles
tomato sauce
pasta sauce
mild green enchilada sauce
French onion soup
cream of chicken soup
chicken broth

Miscellaneous

peanut butter
honey
soy sauce
oil


To say that I always keep these on hand might be misleading. If I run out of any one item, I'll often wait to replace it until that item goes on sale. Or, if I have some extra room in the grocery budget one week, I'll pick up some of the more pressing items.


I buy large quantities of these items every time they go on sale because I know I will use them up!

No comments: