Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week 4 Ingredients List-- with Prices!

*Scroll down to see the entire list.

This week I shopped at Sunflower Farmers Market for produce and Maceys for everything else.

French Toast, Hashbrowns, Smoothies
I spent $4.02 on this meal.
bread (from my pantry)
eggs ($1.50)
milk (from my pantry)
vanilla (from my pantry)
cinnamon (from my pantry)
1 banana ($.24)
1 pkg frozen strawberries ($.98)
yogurt ($.60)
1 lime ($.30)
frozen hashbrowns (or 1 potato- $.40)

Roasted Red Pepper Pasta from Creative Stirrings, Spinach Salad, Peas
I spent $7.06 on this meal.
1 lb Italian sausage (.98 lbs at $1.98/lb = $1.75)
2 (12 oz) jars roasted red peppers (one big jar=$2.99)
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes (from my pantry)
dried basil (from my pantry)
garlic (from my pantry)
fresh basil ($1.69)
1 pkg cream cheese (from my pantry)
rotini pasta (from my pantry)
1/2 bag spinach ($1.25 for a whole bag- $.63)

Roast Chicken, Rice a Roni, Asparagus, Baby Carrots
I spent $5.65 on this meal.
1 whole chicken ($2.98 at Ridley's last week)
rosemary (from my pantry)
1 c chicken broth (from my pantry)
1 box Rice a Roni ($1.49 with a $1/3 coupon= $1.16)
1 bunch asparagus ($1.07)
baby carrots (1/2 lb baby carrots- $.44)


Baked Pork Chops, Onion Rice, Broccoli, Cauliflower
I spent $3.65 on this meal.
4 boneless pork chops (from my pantry)
1 can cream of chicken soup (from my pantry)
bread (from my pantry)
butter (from my pantry)
parsley (from my pantry)
rice (from my pantry)
Campbell's French Onion soup ($1.69)
curry powder (from my pantry)
broccoli ($.46)
cauliflower ($1.50)

Mexican Lettuce Wraps, Easy Mexican Rice, Corn
I spent $1.38 on this meal.
1 pkg cream cheese (from my pantry)
1 can refried beans (from my pantry)
salsa (from my pantry)
cheddar cheese
mozzarella cheese (I'll just use the shredded cheese blend I have on hand)
green onions ($.50)
sliced olives (optional)
1 tomato (optional)
cumin (from my pantry)
chili powder (from my pantry)
garlic powder (from my pantry)
minced onion (from my pantry)
2 chicken breasts (from my pantry)
1-2 limes or bottled lime juice (from my pantry)
1 head Romaine lettuce ($.88)
frozen corn (from my pantry)

Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas, Carrots, Fries
I spent $5.07 on this meal.
1 potato ($.40)
1 onion ($.23)
1 red pepper ($.88)
leftover chicken from Friday
flour tortillas (from my pantry)
Monterey Jack cheese ($2.49 at Ridley's)
sour cream (from my pantry)
salsa (from my pantry)
baby carrots (1/2 lb- $.44)
1/2 bag spinach ($1.25 for a whole bag- $.63)

In total, I spent $26.83 on this week's dinners. I used the rest of my budget to stock up on juice and lemonade for Grandpa, cheese for lunch, fruits and veggies for lunch and breakfast, soap, cleansers, etc.

........................................................................................................................................
All together, this week's ingredient list is...

1 banana
2-3 limes (or bottled lime juice)
1 bunch asparagus
1 lb baby carrots
broccoli
cauliflower
green onions
1 tomato (optional)
1 head Romaine lettuce
1- 2 potatoes
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 bag spinach
1 pkg fresh basil
garlic
eggs
milk
yogurt
2 pkg cream cheese
cheddar cheese
mozzarella cheese
1 pkg (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 loaf bread
rice
1 pkg frozen strawberries
frozen corn
1 can chicken broth
1 box flavored couscous, etc
1 can refried beans
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Campbell's French onion soup
salsa
sliced olives (optional)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce)
2 (12 oz) jars roasted red peppers
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
rotini pasta
1 lb Italian sausage
4 pork chops
1 whole chicken
2 chicken breasts
vanilla
cinnamon
rosemary
butter
parsley
curry powder
cumin
chili powder
garlic powder
minced onion
dried basil

Don't be intimidated by this huge, long list! You probably already have many of these things in your pantry. Copy down the ingredients you still need and head to the store.

No comments: