Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meatball Sandwiches, Carrots, Seasoned Fries


Meatball sandwich recipe is from my sister-in-law Melissa. I have always loved it, and I especially craved it when I was pregnant! The seasoned fry recipe is adapted from AllRecipes; we think they taste like Arby's curly fries.

1 packet brown gravy
1/2 pkg Lipton onion soup
30 frozen, fully cooked meatballs (or if you have a ton of ground beef, look up a recipe and make your own)
6 buns (I'll use a loaf of French bread)
6 slices Provolone cheese

2 large potatoes
2 T olive oil
1 t paprika
1 t garlic powder
1 t chili powder
1 t onion powder

1/2 lb baby carrots


Make gravy according to package directions. Stir in onion soup mix. In a greased crockpot, combine gravy mixture and meatballs. Cook until meatballs are heated through, 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Toast buns with cheese. Fill with meatballs. (Since French bread is on sale, I'm going to use that instead of buns. I'll cut the loaf in half horizontally, toast with cheese, then put the loaf back together and slice into six portions. I'll let people fill their portion with meatballs.)

Preheat oven to 425. Cut potatoes into thin fry shapes. Mix olive oil, paprika, and garlic, chili, and onion powders in a large resealable plastic bag. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, turning fries halfway through.

No comments: