Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 8 Meal Plan

If I may be so bold, I'd like to say a few words about this week's meal plan.

First, hooray for eggs! Eggs are cheap and healthy (if eaten in moderation), so I like to incorporate them into my meal plans. If you are concerned about cholesterol, then try replacing some of the eggs with egg whites. For example, when I make my own Egg McMuffins, I like to fry egg whites instead of the whole eggs. Now if only I could convince my husband to skip the yolk...

Second, give the salmon burgers a try. I know, I know, they sounds strange. I, myself, thought my mom was crazy a couple months ago when she started regularly serving salmon patties to the family. But then I tried them! And my life will never be the same! The recipe can easily be tweaked to use whatever you have on hand. So go ahead, be brave, and buy a couple cans of salmon.

Lastly, don't be discouraged if your grocery bills aren't as low as mine. The key to shopping smart is stocking up on the things you love when they go on sale. Eventually, you will have an awesome food storage to cook from, with only a few fresh items to pick up each week.


Now without further ado, the meal plan:



Wednesday- Breakfast for dinner

Egg McMuffins, Hashbrowns, Fruit

Thursday
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (from Creative Stirrings!), Broccoli, Cauliflower

Friday- Trying something new!
Lemon Herb Pork Chops, Asparagus, Steamed Carrots

Saturday
Go out or eat leftovers.

Sunday
Salmon Burgers, Green Salad, Seasoned Fries

Monday
Ramen Veggie Stirfry with Chicken, Salad

Tuesday

Easy Lasagna, Peas, Green Beans

No comments: