Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Creamy Chicken and Pasta, Broccoli, Cauliflower


This chicken and pasta recipe is adapted from Kraft Food and Family Magazine. I had one more package of cream cheese in my fridge that I needed to use up, so I turned to this tasty pasta recipe.

8 oz pasta
3 T Italian dressing
2 chicken breasts, sliced very thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c spaghetti sauce
1 T chopped fresh basil (or 1 t dried basil)
1/2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1/4 c Parmesan cheese

broccoli florets
cauliflower florets

Cook pasta according to package directions**. Drain; return to pot. Meanwhile, heat dressing in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken and cook a few minutes more, until cooked through. Reduce heat to medium-low and add spaghetti sauce, basil, and cream cheese. Stir for a few minutes, until cream cheese is melted. Add sauce to the pasta pot and stir to coat.

**Steam broccoli and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper.


**To use one less pot in preparing this meal, cook pasta according to package directions but add broccoli and cauliflower to the cooking water for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return the pasta/vegetable mixture to pot. Follow the rest of the directions as given, and you'll end up with an all-in-one meal in the end!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I tried this recipe tonight and let me just say I love it! I am sure I have had this at a restaurant or somewhere but I just can't remember. Thank You for posting it.

Rachelle said...

You are so welcome! I'm glad to hear you liked it. Feel free to share if you have any favorite recipes for me to try :)